Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Savory Goat Cheese Cookies

When I saw this recipe on TV, I was impressed with how simple and elegant this dish was. It was made as an accompaniment for salad, but I think it would make a great munchy to go with your drink. Top it with your favorite preserve and enjoy with a cup of tea. This would also make a great addition to your next party as an appetizer.

Savory cookies with sweet preserve

I had mine with a cup of English breakfast from Ahmad Tea


Savory Goat Cheese Cookies

4 oz. goat cheese log
1/2 cup flour
2 Tbsp room temp. butter
Sesame seeds
Salt and pepper
Thyme
Apricot preserve for garnish


Mix all the above ingredients in a bowl and stir well. Make a log wrapped by a plastic wrap. Refrigerate it at least for 1 hour. Slice it into 1/4 inch discs. Bake them at 320 degrees for 20 minutes. The baked sesame seeds add wonderful nuttiness. If you'd like, you can experiment with other nuts. I bet the macadamia nuts or almonds would go great! The fragrant apricot preserve on top balances the flavor well.

Cheese log with sesame seeds

Best tasting apricot preserve

This little jar of apricot preserve is my favorite. Our friend Laura introduced me to this. Ever since then, it has been the only apricot preserve I get. Very flowery and just the right amount of tartness.


No comments:

Post a Comment