Monday, March 5, 2012

Jim's Chicken Casserole

Our good friend Jim is a great cook. His food is delicious and comforting. As a teenager who struggled with a new way of life in the US, Jim and his wife Laura's friendship meant so much to me. I can only remember the good times surrounding his food. The power of food.

Easy and delicious

This is my improvised version of his recipe. I think about them when I cook this dish. I love you guys!

Jim's Chicken Casserole

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in bite sizes
1 package of sliced mushroom
Flour for dredging
2 eggs beaten
Paprika
Thyme
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup chicken broth
2 Tbsp sherry
Olive oil 
2 cups part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
Handful of parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Salt and pepper and sprinkle thyme on the chicken chunks. Dredge them in flour and coat them in the beaten eggs before sautéing in the olive oil. I add a little bit of salt and pepper as well as paprika in the egg mixture. After slightly browning them at the medium heat, transfer the chicken into a 11x9 inch casserole dish. Add mushroom, chicken broth, and sherry. Top it with cheese. Bake till it's golden brown at the top. About 20-25 minutes.

You can make it ahead of time and warm it up when you eat it

This is great for a dinner party. I've had a lot of compliments on this dish. A side of steamed vegetable and a little orzo would make a perfect meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment