Monday, March 19, 2012

Egg Nested Chicago Roll with Crispy Prosciutto

My mother used to make this when I was a kid. I remember being so impressed with my mother thinking that she was the best cook in the world! She used small bacon pieces on top of the egg, but I crisped up a slice of prosciutto on the side. I like my egg on the runnier side, so I am going to reduce the time to 15-18 minutes the next time. The crust of the Chicago roll is light and crispy... a very good texture combo with the soft egg.

Top it with Parmesan cheese and parsley
Inside the roll... I think I'll make it runnier next time


Egg Nested Chicago Roll with Crispy Prosciutto

1 Chicago roll
1 egg
1 slice prosciutto
Parmesan cheese
Parsley
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350
Hollow out a Chicago roll and drop an egg in gently
Salt and pepper the egg
Bake the prosciutto on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes
Bake the roll for 20 minutes, depending on how you like your egg
Sprinkle Parmesan at the last minute and put it back in oven
Garnish with parsley


Hollow out the roll first
Crisp them up


Click if you like this post


No comments:

Post a Comment